The Finance committee is guided by the School Financial Value Standards (SFVS) which is completed and auditied annually. The committee assist the Headteacher and other Governors in all budgeting and financial matters from small one-off requests to monitoring the annual budget and further ahead to long term planning and researching.
- Appraising different expenditure options
- Monitoring and adjusting in-year expenditure
- Ensuring accounts are properly finalised at year end
- Evaluating the effectiveness of financial decisions
- Ensuring there are effective and appropriate systems of internal financial control
- Understand the statutory financial requirements for the school, and the local authority’s requirements for maintained schools
(Chair) David Cupit