Members of the Governing Board
Start of Term
Total Number of Governors Post : 14
Current Number of Governors : 14
Number Required for Quorum : 7
Each year Governors are asked to declare all business and financial interests that they, or members of their family, have that might conflict with their role on the Governing Board.
If you wish to contact any of the Governing body, you can do so by contacting the school.
The Role of the Governing Board is:
- Ensure clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Hold senior leaders to account for the educational performance, and the performance management of staff
- Oversee the financial performance and make sure its money is well spent
The Governing Board has a committee structure and committees have delegated powers to make decisions about the school. Committee decisions and meetings are reported to the full Governing Board.
The duties and membership of governance committees at New Mills Primary are listed below:
- Admissions & Information
- Performance Management
- Premises, Health & Safety
- Pupil Disciplinary
- Safeguarding & Pastoral Needs
- School Development
The Governing Board and each committee chooses a person to perform the role of the Chair. Their purpose is to lead the work of the relevant committee and ensure it operates effectively.
- Chairing an effective meeting
- Helping members of the committee to work as a team
- Reporting back to the Governing Board, where applicable