On the way to New Zealand ???????? we stopped at Cook Islands ????????. Here are some facts:
1. We flew on an Air New Zealand plane from London Heathrow. The plane flies at 600mph !!!
2. From London to LA it took 11 1/2 hours
3. Horrible meals on the plane
4. Touch screen TVs (music & movies & games) my favourite game was ‘tricky treat’. Robin liked ‘angry birds ’
5. We landed at Los Angeles, the city of angels ???? – Hollywood!
7. LA is on the West coast of the U.S.A and is 8 hours behind the UK
8. Homeland Security took our fingerprints and stamped our passports
9. We waited 3 hours then got another plane to Rarotonga, which is the capital of the Cook Islands, in the Pacific Ocean, it took 9 1/2 hours, and is 10 hours behind UK
10. 5 hours wait for next plane-small plane-45mins to get to Aitutaki, which is a coral atoll (drowned volcano with coral reefs)
11. Aitutaki airport was very small, about the size of the school lunch hall
12. Then we went in a pick up truck and then a boat to get to One Foot Island
13. The boat went at 49 knots (fast!!) and took half an hour to get to the motu (uninhabited island)
14. We were travelling for 40 hours⏳⌛️
Monday 11th December